How to repair Outlook data files
People often face the corruption of Outlook Data files these days, and then start looking for ways to fix them in a desperate manner without giving a damn about what caused the problem, more specifically – what is it that needs attention? So, let’s move on to the solution, in order to repair Outlo0ok data files, follow these steps –
First of all – exit Outlook, and start the inbox repair tool. If you are finding it difficult to locate the scanpst.exe tool, then try to locate the folder with the help of Microsoft Windows Explorer in which the inbox repair tool is supposed to be. The inbox repair tool is found in different locations in different versions of Outlook. Down here, we are providing you the list of typical locations of Outlook for different versions of the same.
- disk drive\Program Files\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15 – For Outlook 2013 on a 32-bit version of Windows
- disk drive\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office 15\root\office15 – For Outlook 2013 on a 64-bit version of Windows
- disk drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office14 – For Outlook 2010 on a 32-bit version of Windows
- disk drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office(x86)\Office14 – For Outlook 2010 on a 64-bit version of Windows
- disk drive:\Program Files\Microsoft Office\Office12 – For Outlook 2007 on a 32-bit version of Windows
- disk drive:\Program Files(x86)\Microsoft Office\Office12 – For Outlook 2007 on a 64-bit version of Windows
- disk drive:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\ – Other typical location
- disk drive:\Program Files\Common Files\System\MSMAPI\1033 – Other typical location
- disk drive:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\NT – Other typical location (for Windows NT and Windows 2000)
- disk drive:\Program Files\Common Files\System\Mapi\1033\95 – Other typical location (for Windows 95 and Windows 98)
Compatible with Outlook 2000, 2002, 2003, 2007, 2010, 2013 and supports Windows 8, 7 (32-bit/64-bit), Vista (32-bit/64-bit ), 2003, XP, 2000, NT4 (SP6).
After locating the inbox repair tool, start it, type the path and file name of your personal folders (.pst) file or click Browse to locate the file by using Windows file system, and click Start, then.
It is advisable to store repaired items to a new .pst file. However, it is worth noting that the inbox repair tool cannot repair corrupt Outlook PST files or may sometimes fail completely, therefore it is recommended to use Outlook PST Repair Tool, if scanpst.exe fails to recover Outlook folders. Just download the tool, once the inbox repair tool fails, install and launch it, henceforth you will stop asking – how do I repair Outlook inbox.